“If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.” — Michelangelo
Mastering your life is not easy, but it’s worth doing because of the great rewards that come with it. If it were easy to master one’s life, then everyone would be doing it. If you or I were to take a peak at the lives of the masses, we would clearly see that life mastery is not a common thing, nor a prevalent ambition. The majority of people in the world are simply not ardent about mastering their lives, but that does not mean that you should do the same and settle for a life that is less than great.
You have the power to master your life and do amazing things with it and there is no valid reason to settle for less, if you want to live successfully. I want you to understand that mastering your life will not be easy at all; however, there are things (the 12 that I’m going to outline in this article) that you can do on a daily basis that will tremendously assist you in mastering your life because you cannot master your life without ways to do so. This article provides you with 12 effective ways to master your life. The tips provided in this article will only help you, if you truly believe in yourself and in your ability to perform miracles.
Here Are 12 Effective Ways to Master Your Life:
- Get yourself some positive, exceptionally uplifting affirmations. Affirmations are things you say to yourself repeatedly to feed your brain with material that is positive and material that compels you to act in your best interest. One affirmation that I tell myself frequently is I am very, very rich. I say that multiple times on a daily basis and I truly believe in it and it allows me to see how rich I already am in order to comfortably earn more riches. Saying the affirmation that I say keeps me happy with where I am currently at in life, so I won’t feel as if I am behind or stuck in a rut while working to become richer, financially and spiritually. I am a firm believer in the premise that if you believe, then you can achieve. Most people do not realize this, but having a strong belief in your ability to succeed and a strong work ethic will allow you experience your deepest desires.
- You must make thinking advantageously an everyday thing in your life. Think to do things that will gradually allow you to move forward in life, so that you may always live beyond mediocrity. To think advantageously is to always set the bar higher and higher as you achieve more and more. Do not think of yourself as merely one person who can have no influence, nor say-so in this vast world of ours, but instead think of yourself as one person who has enough power to change the world because all it takes is one person to stand up and accept the challenge. You should wake up every day with an intention to do something that will contribute to your overall success because that is precisely how you win in life.
- Forget about changing others, change yourself. Trying to change others is a waste of time because everyone is always trying to change one another and it never works out well because no one is receptive to unwanted change. Instead of trying to change others, change yourself because you are the only person who you can control. If you want to see change in your life, then you have to be the very change that you wish to see. How can you change yourself to change your reality?
- Always think ahead. Most of us have trained ourselves to act in the heat of the moment, but this is not right because doing this allows our emotional mind to take full control and that road only leads to demise of self. You must always remember not to act when you are in a state of emotional distress because your logical mind goes primarily unused and that is definitely not healthy for decision-making. You have to always think about the consequences of your actions in order to have things go your way more often. He who can master his thoughts by using his logical mind can only go far in life for thoughts lead to words and actions, and words and actions lead to consequences.
- Make a pledge to never give up on yourself. You should be the first person to support yourself and the last person to give up on yourself because you are ultimately the only person who can help you. Giving up is easy and you will not achieve your noblest desires if you decide to give up on yourself. As long as you stick with yourself, you will be successful.
- Help others in your climb to the top. Be sure to include helping others as a part of your climb to the top because it’s a direct way to add meaning to your life and the lives of others. Serving others is a mutually beneficial experience because it helps you feel good because you get to positively impact the lives of others and it helps the receiver of the help feel good because someone cares enough to help them. Live and serve, and you will feel good about yourself and the world in which you live in.
- Learn some self-sufficiency. If there is something that you normally depend on someone else to do, then learn to do it yourself. Self-sufficiency increases your trust in yourself to get things done and that is why it is so golden. Self-sufficiency empowers you and that is why it’s so important to learn. Why limit yourself by depending on somebody else when you can do it yourself?
- Be a master of one, not a peasant of many. I’m the kind of guy who focuses tremendously on mastering one thing, rather than trying to learn and do many things. Spreading yourself over many projects only makes you thin and futile, whereas focusing primarily on one project makes you extremely potent and effective. Master one trade to succeed, instead of trying and never quite being successful in many things. Find that one thing that you’re good at and become addicted to it and continuously enhance your skills.
- Always expect the best for yourself. The way I see it, if you do not expect the absolute best for yourself, then you might as well not even try to be successful. Not expecting the best for yourself is accepting mediocrity right from the get-go and that’s obviously dumb. Expectation is everything and it determines the quality of your life.
- Give it your all. To give something your all is to work your butt off by doing all that you are truly capable of doing. Giving it your all is really pushing yourself to your limits. Giving it your all and doing your absolute personal best eliminates the capacity for regret and excuses, so do your best. Always remember to give it your all because opportunity is too golden and attractive to waste.
- Burn the bridges. Burn the bridges and make it impossible for you to turn around or go to plan B. If you have a plan B in place, then give yourself a slap in the face because no self-respecting man or woman should have a plan B. Having a plan B in place says one thing about you: I give up and pursue things that are less desirable when my circumstances become really adverse. Get it in your mind that you will succeed and you do not need a plan B because the least you could do are have much confidence in your strength and a strong belief in your ability to succeed. Destruct all of your ways to turn back right now because this is how greatness is achieved.
- Stop caring about what others think about you. If you can stop caring about what others think about you right now, then you will surely begin to live a much more peaceful life. It is imperative that you stop caring about what others think about you immediately because each of us is unique and the concept of normal simply does not exist. Live your life to satisfy yourself and let everybody else accept you as you are or go away. It’s that simple.