There have been many days where I’ve woken up feeling as if everything I do is pointless or I’ve had the feeling that I will keep trying at something and never succeed. The best of us have self-doubt. Self-doubt is a part of the land when you decide to acquire big territory (or undertake large projects or aspire to become someone a lot bigger than who you currently are). In other words, if you’re having self-doubt, then it means you’re thinking about advancing yourself in something and that’s good. More over, if you’re making mistakes, then it means you’re trying and that’s great!
In today’s blog post, I’m going to cover eight factors of achieving anything worthwhile that will tremendously motivate you to take action and be confident in yourself while attempting to attain success. Let’s get to the list now!
- You Are Dying – Each day you’ve lived is a day that you had died. That’s the way you have to look at your life. The terminally ill aren’t the only ones who are dying because we all are dying. The only difference between us healthy people and terminally ill people is that terminally ill people are dying much faster than us healthy individuals, but we all are dying each day we live no matter what. When you really think about our situation, none of us have time to waste because we are dying every day and not living every day as many people like to think.
- Your Haters — Do you really want all of your haters and naysayers to be able to dismiss you as being a person who they just knew would not succeed? If you have haters or naysayers, they only hate on your aspirations and accomplishments because they somehow feel threatened or they feel like less because they see that you are trying to be someone bigger than who you currently are and it scares them, plain and simple! Show your haters what you’re made of and make them remember your name by working your ass off to achieve the things that you want to achieve in life. Make each day worthwhile! You could even make each day worthwhile by doing one thing every day that will contribute to you succeeding in the big picture. As Will Smith once explained, you don’t just start with a brick wall (that’s success), but you instead lay each piece of brick as perfect as you possibly can until you have your brick wall.
- Your Passion – Your passion is the thing that gets you going. Your passion is what you absolutely love to do. Your passion is what you would do for free without any form of compensation. Your passion is your labor of love. Your passion is what keeps you going. Your passion is the thing you would rather be doing instead of sleeping. Your passion is what keeps you from going to bed at night (don’t confuse this with worrying though). Your passion is everything. Your passion is who you are.
- Your Legacy – If you were to die right now, you would have a legacy. Your legacy is something that is created as you go along. Your legacy is basically always subject to change because you are living, but when you die your legacy will be done creating itself. Once your legacy is done creating itself you will always be remembered in one way because you will be dead. Do you want to be remembered as the guy who tried and failed or do you want to be remembered as the guy who wanted something so badly that he (or she) went out and got it?
- Everybody’s Gotta Eat — I don’t want to eat to live. I want to live to eat. Eating to live is clearly struggling while living to eat is living in abundance. Think about all of your wants and desires, then think about how you could actually get some of things once you have accomplished some great things in your life. I don’t know about you, but I wasn’t born just to get by or barely make it through life, but I was born to become wealthy doing what I love (my passion) and live an abundant life. Your goals may be aligned with just making it by and trying to survive, but I’m here to live up! How about you?
- Your Life — I believe that life is so amazing. The fact that I’m here and I am able to cause change in people, things, places, ideas, mindset, etc. is so wonderful. In fact, I’m causing change right now by writing this blog post. It may not be a lot of change, but it’s definitely a good start because I know that at least one person will benefit from reading this blog post. Life should not be wasted quarreling over the little things of life because life is so much more grandeur than that. The problem with the human race is that we fail to see how powerful we are when the fact is that we are very, very godlike creatures. Don’t let your life and your energy and your ability to cause change become thwarted by a limited mindset!
- Life Will Go On Without You — The universe frankly does not give a damn about any of us succeeding in life! The funny thing about those who succeed and those who do not succeed is that the universe treats us all the same. We all live and we all die. The universe is apathetic to your hunger (or lack of it) for success. In other words, life will very well go on without you, so you might as well participate in it and make your voice heard! I can sum this up by stating that the universe only helps those who help themselves.
- Inspire Others — Some people are your haters and naysayers because they themselves cannot do what you want to do or are already doing successfully. As you live, you’ll find that many haters don’t actually hate you or your effort, but they actually fear challenging themselves so their fear is expressed to you through hating and trash talk. Haters are afraid to take the challenge you’ve accepted and that is why you should make it your business to inspire others. It would nice and liberating to have someone look up to you and think that they can do it because you did it and that is what I truly call giving back.