Everybody can be great… because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Everybody was born innately great. You are a very, very great being even though it may not feel like that is so all of the time. Contrary to popular belief, greatness when referring to human life is not something that is to be earned because greatness is already in you. How do you achieve that which you already are? You simply do not.
In this blog post, I’m going to outline five reasons that explain why you are already great because I know that simply telling someone that he is great will not convey enough significance of my viewpoint that everyone is born great. We are all born great, but whether that greatness gets used or doesn’t get used is up to you as an individual. Without further ado, here are five reasons to believe you are absolutely great!
- You Are Alive – You cannot do anything of significance if you’re dead, so the fact that you’re alive is a major opportunity for you and it’s pretty badass. Life is something that is so short and so unpredictable, and that is why I always make an effort to do the things that I’d enjoy doing. Living in a state of fear by always being afraid to attempt new things, new mindsets, new ideas and ideals, and so on, is absolutely no way for a great person to live. We all know that being afraid to try new things will never take us anyplace worthwhile in life, but you never know where trying new things will take you and that’s a marvelous aspect of life. You are alive so take advantage of your time on the playground!
- You Have Emotions – Your emotions are like a smart GPS system that tells you if you have entered a bad neighborhood. :) For example, if you work a job in which you feel bad while working, then that’s a huge indicator that your job is not suitable for your personality. I hear so many people always stressing the importance of a paycheck, but what good is your money if you have to earn it by essentially being depressed? If whatever you indulge in for an extended period of time does not feel right, then it’s usually not right for you.
- You Have Various Paths – The beautiful thing about life is that we don’t live in some kind of fascist state (if you’re in the USA at least) and there are many, many different ways to be successful financially, emotionally, and spiritually. There is not only one set way to achieve great success and I absolutely love it. Our potential to be successful people is basically unlimited and you are great just by knowing that the journey of success is extremely complex and endless.
- You Have Room To Grow — The adage about there always being room for improvement is so true. You and I do not have all of the world’s knowledge stored in our brains, so we always have room to learn new stuff in order to improve ourselves. When you really look at life in its core form, life is really just one big exchange of knowledge. Bigger and better things are always available to those who are willing to want them and work to get them.
- Everything You Need Is Available — Whether you want a new house, a new car, a job you love, it’s all available and waiting for you to earn it. I say that because many people close off opportunity in their minds by accepting the notion that they will never be able to attain something that they think is basically too good for them. For example, let’s say a homeless guy marvels at a nice home that is for sale as he walks past the nice, beautiful home he thinks to himself, “I’m homeless, so how in the hell am I ever going to get a nice house like that one?!” The homeless guy accepted defeat by declaring that what he wanted was not available to him exclusively and that is why I am telling you that everything you need is available. Great people understand that everything they need is available to them!