To have pride is to have a dignified sense of what is due to yourself. You may be asking yourself, “What is it that I owe myself and what does it have to do with pride?” The things that you owe yourself are the five secrets that you are too blind to see or understand. The five secrets that I am writing about are things in which will entice you and give you reasons to maintain pride in yourself. I place an importance on pride because without pride you cannot hold yourself to the super fantastic high level of self-importance in which you should be holding yourself at. People with pride expect so much of themselves because they understand the secrets in which I am about to share with you. If you take nothing else from this blog article, I want you to finish reading this article, knowing that your place in our world is unique and you cannot be replaced, so it is in your best interest to make the most of such a powerful position and role.
Here Are Five Reasons (or Secrets) to Have Pride in Yourself:
- Someone Sacrificed for You to Be Alive – Ancestral predecessors of yours struggled for your very existence, especially your parents or the people who have raised you. Take a minute to think how demanding life is, now think about how you would not exist if it were not for the sacrifices of those who came before you. Parenting is a very, very altruistic and noble journey, and it was taken for you, so that alone is a reason to capitalize on those sacrifices and do something great with your life by following your passion. The fact remains that someone is even sacrificing for you right now, although you may be an adult. If you take care of yourself and you are self-sufficient, then it is you who is sacrificing for yourself. If you use the innovations of others, then that was a sacrifice made for you. Just to know that sacrificial activities were done in the name of your survival and life should be reason enough to have pride in yourself because you are worthy.
- You Can Listen to Your Heart — As a human being, you have the ability to do what no other form of life can do, which is the ability to listen to your heart or follow your passion. To do anything other than listen to your heart is to do yourself a grave, detrimental disservice because you know what it is that you want to dedicate your life to doing. Maybe you are afraid to listen to your heart because you are so focused on the outcome of the journey that you are discouraged to even begin the journey, but what could possibly come of not listening to your heart? Nothing, but a lack of self-fulfillment and the inability to form a cohesive, uplifting, beneficial life purpose. Not to mention the lack of self-contentment that comes from living such a lifestyle in which you neglect the liberating words in which your heart speak to you.
- No One Can Replicate You — Your place among us in our world is unique and you cannot be replicated, nor replaced, so you might as well allow your life to be an altruistic one. Let people know what you are all about by acting on what you are all about (or listening to your heart). You can effect change in this opportunistic world of ours by being the change that you want to see. Beware of an idle life. Get out and take action toward being the best you because that is where the excitement lies.
- You Are Second to None — Before taking an important action or step in life, ask yourself, “What does this mean for me?” Carefully evaluate the pros and cons of major undertakings in your life, or better yet, before you allow them to enter your life. Being humans, there are numerous things that we tend to do things without much thought, but such an act must be continuously worked on by making a conscious effort to do so. You are truly a unique, second-to-none individual, so do yourself a favor and start thinking ahead like one, if you are not already doing so.
- A Future Is at Your Will — This is the most powerful secret on this list in garnering pride in oneself, know that a future is at your will. You have the power to guide your future to success and this is a consummate power to have. Do things now with pride that will make your future quality of life better. Imagine success as a destiny in which you have to make small deposits along your journey to reach. This is the key to success, making small deposits that will grow to become gargantuan in the long run.
Now that you have been armed with five secrets that should give you all the more reason to have the utmost pride in yourself, what are the things that are due to you that you would like to achieve? Let us know in the comments section because we would love to hear your perspective. Also, what are some more reasons that you have thought about as to why we should have pride in ourselves?